Host Name: Tiffanie & Ian Rowley
Cost Per Month: $2250 plus flights
Ministry Type: Education/Global Support Worker
Duration: 10 months minimum_Start Now
Cambodia is a nation with a traumatic history and a resulting young population. These young people through programs at Global Student Center and Child Care Plus Cambodia are being introduced to Jesus for the first time and He is transforming their lives through these ministries. But schooling challenges has created a potential obstacle for our Global Worker family and you could be part of the solution.
Working with a Global Worker family to homeschool one of their daughters (age 7) who requires greater learning support than the in-country English International schools can provide. The homeschool support coach would be responsible for the child during regular homeschool hours (Approx 4 hours/day). This will allow this family to remain in the field to continue ministry.
- Teach student appropriate level material using My Father's World homeschooling curriculum Grade level 2.
- Teach the child through interactive and engaging methods – beyond just paper and pencil
- Assist in bringing student to various therapy sessions
- Organize a once a week outing with the student
- Use the students Individual Education Plan and doctors assessments to find creative ways to support learning.
- This position will also provide opportunities, if so desired, to participate in ministry at Global Student Centre and/or ChildCARE Plus Cambodia.
- A high level of patience and love for young children.
- A passion to see all types of learners achieve their greatest potential.
- A high level of resilience, initiative, adaptability and the ability to work in a fluid and cross-cultural environment.
- An ability to work collaboratively in a group, as a team member or independently.
- An ability to solve problems and identify opportunities effectively within a cross-cultural context.
- A commitment to personal, professional and spiritual development
- Previous experience and a passion for teaching an asset
- Previous experience with individuals with learning challenges an asset
- Assistance with finding accommodations
- Cultural and ministry orientation
- Leadership is available to meet with your regularly and mentor you in the cross cultural components of the position.
- Opportunity to participate in regional team events.
- Provide means for local visa
This opportunity would start September 2020.