Emily's Stories from Ghana
I am so excited to leaving this Wednesday for Ghana!! I am packing and repacking my bags and trying to get everything organized! I fear I might be overweight with my suitcases but, I will get someone to help me weight them tomorrow. I hope they are okay because it will be so difficult to decided what to take out!
The reason my blog title is “A bit of a change of plans” is because as a lot of you know I have been debating whether or not to delay my missions trip due to the Ebola outbreak in West Africa (currently there are no reported cases of Ebola in Ghana however Ghana is in close proximity to the countries that do have Ebola). I even considered choosing a different part of Africa to carry out my mission. I have prayed a lot about this and have sought advice from my loved ones. At this point I will be traveling to Ghana but I will be delaying traveling to the town of Asamankese. Instead I will be staying in Accra (the capital city). While in Accra I will be preparing for the teachers workshops as well as supporting His Majesty s Christian School from a distance. I will also be looking for another school that I can volunteer at in Accra. As soon as the outbreak is under control I will be making plans to move to Asamankese and follow through with the goals for my missions trip. The main reason for this change is due to the Ebola outbreak and the lack of health care in a reasonable distance to the town of Asmankese. I am so looking forward to seeing the children at HMCS and all of the friends that I made during my last trip there. It saddens my to know that I will be in the same country as them but, not able to see them right away.
I know that everything will fall into place and in God’s time. Please continue to pray for me and thank you all for your continued support.
Originally posted to Emily's Stories from Ghana