Host Name: unlisted
Cost Per Month: $1500 plus flights
Ministry Type: Teacher
Duration: 2-12 months_Start Now
To reach and support the migrant community and urban schools by providing educational and life skills support in addition to the opportunity to disciple and care for the migrant children and their families.
This position is part of a project in SE Asia. The project desires to see urban poor migrant communities have the opportunity to receive the love of Christ. CMI desires to place English Teachers in urban poor migrant schools for the purpose of being salt and light to the communities they are in. These teachers will teach English in the community while looking for relational opportunities to get to know the teachers, students and their families. This will help CMI further know and understand the needs in migrant communities and further grow CMI’s relationship with urban poor migrant schools.
Volunteers will teach for 10-20 hours per week in a Migrant school, create and design an English curriculum (some assistance provided by experienced English teachers). Volunteers will also participate in 6 hours per week of language study and participate in team activities, meals and fellowship. Participation on other CMI ministries, like village outreach and local community centre, as needed and able.
- Assistance to find housing and/or share housing.
- Local leadership to mentor and disciple you in cross-cultural ministry
- Assistance in meeting visa requirements and providing counsel and support
- Opportunity to learn a local language and experience culture
- Opportunity to connect with faith communities within the restricted context.
- Opportunity to join a regional retreat to connect with other workers in the area.
Opportunity available in September each year.