Host Name: Leslie Rolling
Cost Per Month: $250 (flight and small salary provided)
Ministry Type: Funding Development Intern
Duration: 12+ months preferred_Start Now
Untreated water leads to illness and even death - Clean water is life. We provide access for Haitian families for affordable household clean water. Looking to start a career in funding development and would like to gain experience, or have been working in the field and would like to broaden your experience?
We are looking for an intern to work on our support staff in Haiti for a one year commitment. The successful applicant will help to build up and stabilize our funding and donor base so we can do more of what we do.
- Assist with developing and maintaining the fundraising database (CRM) of contacts and donors.
- Research prospective fundraising streams and apply for funding from those that are a good fit for our organization.
- Research and identify potential donors to feed into the prospect pipeline.
- Identify grant opportunities and complete applications and reports as needed.
- Negotiate commercially attractive external partnerships.
- Collaborate on developing and implementing fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
- Provide support for social medial and fundraising communications.
- Help with other minor administrative tasks as needed.
- Someone with a degree in international development, nonprofit business, or another relevant field could apply for this position.
- A person with interest in international development, humanitarian or missions work, in particular water treatment.
- Someone with the baseline skills for funding development.
- Proficient in strategic thinking.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiar with charitable use of social media.
- Basic skills using WordPress.
- Works well in a team setting.
- Can do attitude and able to be flexible while working with limited resources.
- Able to be culturally sensitive and look for opportunities to learn.
- Housing provided on site. This includes a private room and bathroom, and access to a full kitchen and common area in our guest house with 24/7 power and water.
- One return economy airfare from anywhere in the US or Canada during their time with us.
- $200 US/month stipend to assist with food and personal expenses.
- Opportunity to learn all about construction and implementation of bio-sand water filters, and to assist an effective organization in becoming even more effective.
- References in accordance with the quality of work provided.
Opportunity available starting Aug 2017 to June 2018 (preferred)