Host Name: Cavell Rowsell
Cost Per Month: $1100 plus flights
Ministry Type: English Teacher to Thai Students
Duration: 4-12 months_Start Now
English has become one of the primary world languages and many Thai students (K-12) are now studying in English medium schools throughout the country. The door is open for you to reach the heart of these Thai children, parents and into the lives of those who are within the Educational Community. With less than 1% Christian, many are waiting to experience the love of Christ for the first time.
We need qualified teachers to become part of the Educational Community in various communities throughout Thailand. These teachers will become full time personnel for a local school but will also serve as a relational bridge between the school and the church. Opportunities for training of teachers or government personnel may arise through involvement in the community as well as local church ministry involvement.
- Teach main stream courses in English/French (opportunities exist K-12)
- Various locations throughout Thailand. Want to live in the city, country, beach, or mountains?
- Serve and participate in the local church as time permits
The school year opens in May so it would be recommended that you arrive in late April. Applications will need at least a undergraduate degree and experience in teaching is recommended.
Volunteer budget required will include return ticket but will be determined once the location within Thailand has been chosen and the monthly salary has been set by the local school. Monthly expenses will average approximately $1000-$1250 per month
- Undergraduate Degree & experience in teaching is recommended
- Available in April for a short orientation prior to the beginning of the school year in early May.
- Opportunities may be available for those available to teach one term (May-Sept or Nov-Mar) but preference given to one year terms.
- Have a heart to impact the lives of the students and teachers at your school
- Availability to be flexible, open to change
- Good interpersonal skills, willing to engage cross culturally
- Adventurous spirit
- Some locations provide housing Others will require a volunteer to rent a furnished apartment or live with nationals
- Salary of $400 - $1100 per month will be provided by the local school
- Orientation to the local community
- Orientation with local church and pastor
- Vacation time (school holidays)
- Cavell Rowsell would be main support, but if not on location, support will also be provided through local pastors, school leaders and other Global Workers.
Opportunities available mid-April every year.