Host Name: Miqueas 6.8
Cost Per Month: $800 plus flights
Ministry Type: Education Manager
Duration: 12 months_Start Now
Miqueas 6:8 operates a children’s home for abused and abandoned children in the village of La Colorada, Honduras. In our home they are called son and daughter, brother and sister. We provide them with the tools to develop physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually to ensure that they grow into outstanding adults who will break the cycle of poverty. Honduras is second poorest country in Central America. One of the major causes of alcohol and drug addictions, abandonment, physical abuse, and gang involvement is due to extreme poverty.
- Design, implement, and follow through with educational program
- Manage academic staff
- Keep track of ongoing education for the children
- Teach children how to manage their academic life through order.
- Develop an English program in which the kids will formally study English after entering the third grade.
• College degree or higher
• Fluent in English (Other volunteers and hosts are fluent in English), Proficient in Spanish (Spanish immersion classes available in Honduras)
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills
• Good interpersonal skills; able to train, lead, manage, and coach others
• Passion for improving the lives of children through education
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter; always looking to improve
• Ability to be flexible and be open to change.
• Skilled at problem-solving; identifies problems, organizes people and resources appropriately to make decisions and action plans
• Anticipates and plans for challenges and potential obstacles; when faced with a challenge/obstacle, makes changes to achieve goals
- Shared Housing
- Work transportation
- Orientation to local transportation
- Occasional leadership meeting
- Vacation time
- Orientation of the local village the Intern will be residing and working in
- Basic furnishing in shared accommodation
- Daily nutritious lunch included in room & board costs
Opportunity available June 2016
More detailed information about tasks available upon request