Host Name: unlisted
Cost Per Month: $650 plus flights (small salary included)
Ministry Type: School Chaplain
Duration: 12+ months_Start Now
The Christian & Community Development Chaplain is an innovator who uses their pastoral and arts related skills to bring moral and spiritual values based on Christian faith to the school community, affirming the worth and dignity of each individual while instilling in each student a caring attitude towards people and the environment
The CCDD Chaplain will initiate programs and activities as well as support school initiated programs that will create life-affirming (John 10:10) development for students and teachers alike.
- Develop pastoral relationships with students, parents, teachers and staff that support them to grow both personally, spiritually, and with an understanding of the Christian faith.
- Assist in Seeds of Hope program through fundraising, SEED trips, and assemblies as needed
- Partnering with school counselors and UGO to identify “at risk” students for mentoring and counseling
- Form pastoral relationships with teachers and staff to help them navigate the challenges of the school environment
- Working closely with teachers and parents to create an environment of pastoral care
- Participation in Student Christian Fellowships
- Performing administrative tasks, writing reports and articles as well as responding to enquiries when necessary
- Participate in daily assemblies in Secondary & Primary bringing a Christian message to the Student Body
- Implementing Christian and / or community-based activities e.g. youthalpha, youth camps, community projects, outdoor education and sporting activities etc
- Be available to support CCDD programs in various campuses as needed.
- Lead worship and / or provide music for assemblies and activities
- Initiate sports and partner with existing sports programs to create mentoring opportunities
- Organise music / band opportunities for students and teachers
- Assist the school arts, drama, and music leaders as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university.
- Experience in leading church and / or Christian based programs
- Experienced in leading within an International school environment desirable.
- Communication abilities with preaching & teaching experience.
- Pastoral skills that are exhibited in passion for reaching out and connecting students, teachers, and parents in the school community.
- Experience in mentoring, discipleship, and developing both small group leaders and leaders of leaders.
- Strong project management and people skills.
- Able to take initiative easily, problem-solve, persevere in difficult circumstances, and resolve conflicts.
- Proven strength in an arts field (Music, Film, Drama, Art etc) Multi-disciplinary preferred
- In addition to the salary offered by the employer, successful candidates are entitled to raise additional support to supplement income and benefits as well as other expenses related to being a global worker and their ministry work subject to policy maximums.
- You are responsible to find your own accommodations, but suggestions and advice will be provided by staff.
- We have a local Team in this location. You will have the opportunity to meet weekly for fellowship, support, counsel and encouragement.
- Leadership is available to meet regularly and mentor you in cross-cultural components of the position.
- Salary will compensate for a majority of your on-the-ground expenses.
- Vacation time will be given.
- Opportunity to learn local language.
- Provide means for a local visa.
- Opportunity to participate in regional team events.
Opportunity available immediately