Want to go?
APPLY TO BE A GLOBAL VOLUNTEER
Looking for adventure and ready to make a difference? If you have 2-24 months available, our Global Volunteer program is designed with you in mind. Incredible world-wide destinations, working with amazing hosts.
This is NOT one size fits all, our process will fit you.
Leading a team?
GET CERTIFIED WITH OUR BEST PREP KIT
Experienced team leaders are always looking for ways to improve. We coach new and veteran leaders, to prepare their teams for effective mission.
Interactive, engaging and practical, we provide team leaders with the tools to develop great teams.
- The STM Network is a uniquely Canadian resource for all things short term missions. Any Canadian church that is serious about intentional and functional cross cultural ministry should consult with the STM Network.Ian Stokes, International Mobilization Manager for Samaritan's Purse Canada
- Mark, we often speak with fondness of you and the work you did with and for us. Very special memories indeed.Dave & Ann Brace, Global Volunteers to Zambia
- The Vanguard College School of World Discipleship has been served with excellence by the STM Network providing missions internships for students.Allan Waine - School of World Discipleship Director, Vanguard College - Edmonton, AB
- The Best Prep Kit is an amazing training program that will help you grow in your ability to lead a team on a mission trip. You will grow in knowledge, confidence, and ability as you learn from a pile of resources and personal experiences that the STM Network has. If you are serious about maximizing the influence that a mission trip can have on your team - as well as on you - then the Best Prep Kit is something you need to invest in today!Pastor Matthew Erickson, New Life Assembly, Killarney MB
- My greatest concern about hiring the STM Network was regarding the practical side of leading STM teams. Theory is important but would they address and understand the practical side of things? As leaders we all have different strengths and needs and the STM Network has set up this course to address us as individual leaders. They found out and understood who I really am, and then equipped and encouraged my leadership growth. I highly recommend the STM Network to be part of any STM team preparation.Mike Kozak, Vice President of Carrington Lighting - Calgary, AB
- Because I was already living in Thailand for two years before starting the global volunteer training program, I was curious to see if it would still be helpful to me, or more like just "going through the motions." It turns out it was an invaluable process, forcing me to articulate thoughts, feelings and reactions to my experiences, and also to identify areas I can still improve on...and it was a lot of fun!Jessica Pellowe, Global Volunteer to Thailand
- Thank you for training our team heading to work with the orphans of Zimbabwe. What a blessing you were to our team members both in a practical and inspirational way.Barry Murie - STM Team Leader for Mission Zimbabwe
- Initially I was hesitant hiring the services of STM Network to help me plan my international missions trip. At the time, I was already working for 5 years as a full time youth worker and felt pressure that I was supposed to know how to lead a team of teenagers on a missions trip. Using the Best Prep Kit was a LIFESAVER! It not only shaved off dozens of hours off of prep work, but I felt my team was more prepared and ready to rock than when I created the materials myself. I especially enjoyed the fact that it just wasn’t more paper curriculum, but instead Mark and I Skyped every week which helped me feel support and better understand the material. I’d recommend this to any church leader who is planning on taking a team to an international missions destination!Ken McIntyre, Youth Pastor at Beddington Church, Calgary, AB
- Just wanted to thank you for training and sending us amazing volunteers to India. Ben has only been here for a few days but already is fitting in and has a burden for the kids at the Children's Home! Erin is such a blessing to the ladies at Jewels in a Crown and to our family. She has such a great attitude and she is such a delight to be around! Keep sending us your best!Stew & Monique, Global Workers in Kolkata, India
- In Spring I led a STM to Honduras, this wasn't my first time doing something like this but it was the first time that I had gone through the Best Prep Kit training. I wasn't a rookie, but I found the training to be really helpful and wished that I had the opportunity to do this ten years ago when I started leading STM trips. Everything was useful and valuable and I would highly recommend to anyone, no matter how experienced, that they avail themselves of this training. Mark Crocker was engaging, friendly and exceedingly helpful. I looked forward to my skype sessions with him. Keep up the good work.Jamie Nelder, Pastor, Millbrook Christian Assembly - Millbrook, ON