Want to go?
APPLY TO BE A GLOBAL VOLUNTEER
Looking for adventure and ready to make a difference? If you have 2-24 months available, our Global Volunteer program is designed with you in mind. Incredible world-wide destinations, working with amazing hosts.
This is NOT one size fits all, our process will fit you.
Leading a team?
GET CERTIFIED WITH OUR BEST PREP KIT
Experienced team leaders are always looking for ways to improve. We coach new and veteran leaders, to prepare their teams for effective mission.
Interactive, engaging and practical, we provide team leaders with the tools to develop great teams.
- The STM Network really helps in your missions preparations by making you think of things that wouldn't even occur to you. This enables you to look at situations in different ways and from different points of views.Kristen Chan, Global Volunteer to Myanmar
- Culture shock training for the field? Great...but what about cultural shock upon return? I have been prepared and supported way beyond expectations from the beginning to the end... and more! Never have I met such good mentors and mediators as Irislee and Matt. Thanks to the STM Network and to the Penney family for all their support and understanding.Louyse Mongeon, Global Volunteer to Senegal
- I had a GREAT experience with the STM Network's mission volunteer process! I thought the support was fantastic and felt that it was very beneficial, and have and will continue to tell people about it, and encourage them to go the STM Network route. Matt was a great facilitator and made this process easy.Jessica Randell, Global Volunteer to Senegal
- The training I've gotten for my upcoming year overseas has been very thought provoking and enlightening. I feel better equipped to handle the adventure awaiting me. Thank you STM Network!Tracey Wood, Global Volunteer to Malawi
- The STM Network is a uniquely Canadian resource for all things short term missions. Any Canadian church that is serious about intentional and functional cross cultural ministry should consult with the STM Network.Ian Stokes, International Mobilization Manager for Samaritan's Purse Canada
- I really enjoyed having Matt as my backup. He was easy to talk to and very supportive during the entire process of the trip. Previously I have been on trips with a different organization and have noticed huge difference with STM Network and how organized and helpful they are, even upon return. The family I was placed with was the perfect fit for me and the people I interacted with through STM Network were amazing & quick to respond. I will definitely be doing more missions through STMN!Rachel Lederman, Global Volunteer to Guatemala
- At first, planning an STM trip to Haiti in 2013 was a frightening task. I had such little experience, as did virtually all of my team. Our host in Haiti recommended STM Network and it was by far the best decision we made for planning and training. There were so many "missions myths" debunked for us by our trainer and the Best Prep Kit. We ended up traveling and serving and simply loving the people with much greater confidence and understanding of what being missional is all about. I highly recommend STM Network and the Best Prep Kit, and will be using this resource for every STM trip our church runs.Joseph Friedland, Associate Pastor at Evangel Pentecostal Church - Montreal, QC
- While living and volunteering overseas I felt like I always had support. Whenever I needed to chat with Matt about issues that came up, he always made sure we connected as soon as possible. I felt that I was definitely a priority to them while I was away.Kaitlyn Heming, Global Volunteer to India
- I have struggled with a lack of self-confidence in teaching/leading. I have always thought that I didn’t know enough to be able to lead and loved to serve instead. I seemed to have always fumbled with words. You have showed me step by step instructions on how to start strong and end well. By working together and going through each section piece by piece, I gained confidence. I liked the one-on-one, face-to-face, sessions with you. You really challenged me to keep going and keep learning till it wasn’t so overwhelming. Thank you, Mark, for taking the time to work with me. It is truly amazing how the effects of this really are.Nadine Colwell, Mission Leader at Family Worship Centre - Whitecourt, AB
- Thanks for always doing your best to give us a volunteer who is ready and prepared! We appreciate you guys so much, and the on going support you offer to us as a host.Brenda Kean - Mission Host in Kenya