Want to go?
APPLY TO BE A GLOBAL VOLUNTEER
Looking for adventure and ready to make a difference? If you have 2-24 months available, our Global Volunteer program is designed with you in mind. Incredible world-wide destinations, working with amazing hosts.
This is NOT one size fits all, our process will fit you.
Leading a team?
GET CERTIFIED WITH OUR BEST PREP KIT
Experienced team leaders are always looking for ways to improve. We coach new and veteran leaders, to prepare their teams for effective mission.
Interactive, engaging and practical, we provide team leaders with the tools to develop great teams.
- I had a very experienced guide walking me through an otherwise foreign journey! If anyone were to travel into an unknown country where the road signs look different, the language sounds strange, and there are few landmarks that you can recognize on your own, they would immediately look for someone who has had experience in that country to help guide them to where they need to go. That is the same result that I experienced in my time with Mark. An experienced guide took me through unfamiliar territory. It was nothing prepackaged or generic – Mark took the material, which he had written, and formed it around our specific context. The practical help, guidance, and money saving advice that was provided through the Best Prep Kit and my sessions with Mark makes it well worth the investment!Corey Parish, Associate Pastor - New Sudbury, ON
- Culture shock training for the field? Great...but what about cultural shock upon return? I have been prepared and supported way beyond expectations from the beginning to the end... and more! Never have I met such good mentors and mediators as Irislee and Matt. Thanks to the STM Network and to the Penney family for all their support and understanding.Louyse Mongeon, Global Volunteer to Senegal
- At the start I wondered about the time commitment and if it would be relevant to me as a leader. Having led three teams now I found out that the Best Prep Kit is only the tip of the iceberg. Mark's insight and knowledge of short-term mission teams makes training easy to understand. Everything was planned well, including time to develop a relationship with Mark throughout the instruction. The coaching stretched and helped me grow as a leader, enhanced my worldview and prepared me for on-field issues. I am glad that we invested our time with the STM Network, and the luggage tags are cool!Neil Burritt, STM Team Leader, Promontory Church - Chilliwack, BC
- Do we really need to go through all of this training?!? I found out we really do, thanks very much!Giangrosso Family - Global Volunteers to El Salvador
- Matt, people not only had fun, but learned a lot too about themselves and short-term missions. Always love your training style and how you keep it from being monotonous or boring...so thanks for coming.Jeremy Albrecht, Student Ministries Pastor, Woodvale Church - Ottawa, ON
- Huge thanks to Mark and the STM team for preparing us to be the best team our hosts have ever received. I can't imagine a better way to prepare for all that waits for you and your team on the field. Mark helped us think about and prepare for so many elements of global engagement that we would have missed. From choosing a global partner, to send thank you cards to your host once you have returned...STM will lead you step by step with skill, heart and expertise.Andy Moore, Pastor of Adore - Victoria, BC
- Just wanted to thank you for training and sending us amazing volunteers to India. Ben has only been here for a few days but already is fitting in and has a burden for the kids at the Children's Home! Erin is such a blessing to the ladies at Jewels in a Crown and to our family. She has such a great attitude and she is such a delight to be around! Keep sending us your best!Stew & Monique, Global Workers in Kolkata, India
- I don't think I will ever be able to express just how much I appreciate you, Irislee and Matt. Whether it be pre-trip Skype calls, in country check-ins where I rambled and rambled but you were there to listen and support and love. I really believe that my 6 months in Tanzania would have been drastically different without your support and encouragement. I guess I just want to say thank you. Thank you for doing what you do, I have experienced first hand the marvelous impact you have on volunteers and their experiences overseas. I will forever be thankful for you!Emily Arseneau, Global Volunteer, Village of Hope - Mwanza, Tanzania
- In Spring I led a STM to Honduras, this wasn't my first time doing something like this but it was the first time that I had gone through the Best Prep Kit training. I wasn't a rookie, but I found the training to be really helpful and wished that I had the opportunity to do this ten years ago when I started leading STM trips. Everything was useful and valuable and I would highly recommend to anyone, no matter how experienced, that they avail themselves of this training. Mark Crocker was engaging, friendly and exceedingly helpful. I looked forward to my skype sessions with him. Keep up the good work.Jamie Nelder, Pastor, Millbrook Christian Assembly - Millbrook, ON
- This training made my trip for me. Learning and being challenged to open up my world view has changed me forever, for the better. I'd love to just go through it every year with or without an upcoming trip!Natalie Latham, Global Volunteer to Uganda