Want to go?
APPLY TO BE A GLOBAL VOLUNTEER
Looking for adventure and ready to make a difference? If you have 2-24 months available, our Global Volunteer program is designed with you in mind. Incredible world-wide destinations, working with amazing hosts.
This is NOT one size fits all, our process will fit you.
Leading a team?
GET CERTIFIED WITH OUR BEST PREP KIT
Experienced team leaders are always looking for ways to improve. We coach new and veteran leaders, to prepare their teams for effective mission.
Interactive, engaging and practical, we provide team leaders with the tools to develop great teams.
- At the start I wondered about the time commitment and if it would be relevant to me as a leader. Having led three teams now I found out that the Best Prep Kit is only the tip of the iceberg. Mark's insight and knowledge of short-term mission teams makes training easy to understand. Everything was planned well, including time to develop a relationship with Mark throughout the instruction. The coaching stretched and helped me grow as a leader, enhanced my worldview and prepared me for on-field issues. I am glad that we invested our time with the STM Network, and the luggage tags are cool!Neil Burritt, STM Team Leader, Promontory Church - Chilliwack, BC
- I have struggled with a lack of self-confidence in teaching/leading. I have always thought that I didn’t know enough to be able to lead and loved to serve instead. I seemed to have always fumbled with words. You have showed me step by step instructions on how to start strong and end well. By working together and going through each section piece by piece, I gained confidence. I liked the one-on-one, face-to-face, sessions with you. You really challenged me to keep going and keep learning till it wasn’t so overwhelming. Thank you, Mark, for taking the time to work with me. It is truly amazing how the effects of this really are.Nadine Colwell, Mission Leader at Family Worship Centre - Whitecourt, AB
- Huge thanks to Mark and the STM team for preparing us to be the best team our hosts have ever received. I can't imagine a better way to prepare for all that waits for you and your team on the field. Mark helped us think about and prepare for so many elements of global engagement that we would have missed. From choosing a global partner, to send thank you cards to your host once you have returned...STM will lead you step by step with skill, heart and expertise.Andy Moore, Pastor of Adore - Victoria, BC
- The Vanguard College School of World Discipleship has been served with excellence by the STM Network providing missions internships for students.Allan Waine - School of World Discipleship Director, Vanguard College - Edmonton, AB
- Thank you for training our team heading to work with the orphans of Zimbabwe. What a blessing you were to our team members both in a practical and inspirational way.Barry Murie - STM Team Leader for Mission Zimbabwe
- I had a very experienced guide walking me through an otherwise foreign journey! If anyone were to travel into an unknown country where the road signs look different, the language sounds strange, and there are few landmarks that you can recognize on your own, they would immediately look for someone who has had experience in that country to help guide them to where they need to go. That is the same result that I experienced in my time with Mark. An experienced guide took me through unfamiliar territory. It was nothing prepackaged or generic – Mark took the material, which he had written, and formed it around our specific context. The practical help, guidance, and money saving advice that was provided through the Best Prep Kit and my sessions with Mark makes it well worth the investment!Corey Parish, Associate Pastor - New Sudbury, ON
- Culture shock training for the field? Great...but what about cultural shock upon return? I have been prepared and supported way beyond expectations from the beginning to the end... and more! Never have I met such good mentors and mediators as Irislee and Matt. Thanks to the STM Network and to the Penney family for all their support and understanding.Louyse Mongeon, Global Volunteer to Senegal
- Matt, people not only had fun, but learned a lot too about themselves and short-term missions. Always love your training style and how you keep it from being monotonous or boring...so thanks for coming.Jeremy Albrecht, Student Ministries Pastor, Woodvale Church - Ottawa, ON
- I had a GREAT experience with the STM Network's mission volunteer process! I thought the support was fantastic and felt that it was very beneficial, and have and will continue to tell people about it, and encourage them to go the STM Network route. Matt was a great facilitator and made this process easy.Jessica Randell, Global Volunteer to Senegal
- Thanks again for the great Skype debrief meeting. Always so insightful to hear from others' experiences and the 'professionals'. I wanted to give each of you a HUMONGOUS thank you! I so, so appreciate all of your time, energy, answers to many questions, extra effort, patience, and more patience that you gave to make this possible. Our training really taught me a lot and I'm so grateful for all of you and everything you do. You guys are amazing...God bless you!Breanne Pierce, Global Volunteer to El Salvador and Honduras