Incredible world-wide destinations working with amazing hosts.
Leading A Team?
Our Best Prep Kit saves you time and money.
Subscribe to our mailing list
- The truth of the matter is, if it wasn't for Matt who helped me talk through a lot of the issues I was experiencing, I don't think I would've made it...not with my sanity at least.Kelvin Chan - STM Network Volunteer to Thailand
- Cultural shock training ahead ? Great... but what about cultural shock upon return! I have been prepared and supported way beyond expectations from the beginning to the end... and more! Never have I met such good mentors and mediators as Irislee and Matt! Thanks to the STM Network and to the Penney's family for all their support and understanding .Louyse Mongeon - Mission Volunteer to Senegal
- Going to another culture is difficult, frustrating, and has plenty of opportunity for harm. STM Network helps make you conscious of your mistakes, so that you hopefully don't repeat them.Jonah Clifford - STM Network volunteer to Thailand 2009
- Because I was already living in Thailand for two years before starting the mission volunteer training program, I was curious to see if it would still be helpful to me, or more like just "going through the motions." It turns out it was an invaluable process, forcing me to articulate thoughts, feelings and reactions to my experiences, and also to identify areas I can still improve on...and it was a lot of fun!Jessica Pellowe - Mission Volunteer to Thailand
- Huge thanks to Mark and the STM team for preparing us to be the best team our hosts have ever received. I can't imagine a better way to prepare for all that waits for you and your team on the field. Mark helped us think about and prepare for so many elements of global engagement that we would have missed. From choosing a global partner, to send thank you cards to your host once you have returned...STM will lead you step by step with skill, heart and expertise.Andy Moore - Pastor of the Adore Community, Victoria.
Andy Moore - Pastor at Glad Tidings, Victoria
- Initially I was hesitant hiring the services of STM Network to help me plan my international missions trip. At the time, I was already working for 5 years as a full time youth worker and felt pressure that I was supposed to know how to lead a team of teenagers on a missions trip. Using the Best Prep Kit was a LIFESAVER! It not only shaved off dozens of hours off of prep work, but I felt my team was more prepared and ready to rock than when I created the materials myself. I especially enjoyed the fact that it just wasn’t more paper curriculum, but instead Mark and I Skyped every week which helped me feel support and better understand the material. I’d recommend this to any youth worker (or church leader for that matter) who is planning on taking a team to an international missions destination!Ken McIntyre. Youth Pastor at Beddington Church. Calgary, AB
stopover.ca We were up a mountain. Our truck had made the nearly vertical track upwards...July 23, 2014
stopover.ca What is the difference between a tourist and a traveller? A traveller has learned...July 15, 2014
stopover.ca A few years ago I was at a church that wanted to find some...July 9, 2014
stopover.ca I have travelled to over 45 nations and I am frequently asked “where is...July 3, 2014