Want to go?
APPLY TO BE A GLOBAL VOLUNTEER
Looking for adventure and ready to make a difference? If you have 2-24 months available, our Global Volunteer program is designed with you in mind. Incredible world-wide destinations, working with amazing hosts.
This is NOT one size fits all, our process will fit you.
Leading a team?
GET CERTIFIED WITH OUR BEST PREP KIT
Experienced team leaders are always looking for ways to improve. We coach new and veteran leaders, to prepare their teams for effective mission.
Interactive, engaging and practical, we provide team leaders with the tools to develop great teams.
- Going to another culture is difficult, frustrating, and has plenty of opportunity for harm. STM Network helps make you conscious of your mistakes, so that you hopefully don't repeat them.Jonah Clifford, Global Volunteer to Thailand
- The truth of the matter is, if it wasn't for Matt who helped me talk through a lot of the issues I was experiencing, I don't think I would've made it...not with my sanity at least.Kelvin Chan, Global Volunteer to Thailand
- Do we really need to go through all of this training?!? I found out we really do, thanks very much!Giangrosso Family - Global Volunteers to El Salvador
- Initially I was hesitant hiring the services of STM Network to help me plan my international missions trip. At the time, I was already working for 5 years as a full time youth worker and felt pressure that I was supposed to know how to lead a team of teenagers on a missions trip. Using the Best Prep Kit was a LIFESAVER! It not only shaved off dozens of hours off of prep work, but I felt my team was more prepared and ready to rock than when I created the materials myself. I especially enjoyed the fact that it just wasn’t more paper curriculum, but instead Mark and I Skyped every week which helped me feel support and better understand the material. I’d recommend this to any church leader who is planning on taking a team to an international missions destination!Ken McIntyre, Youth Pastor at Beddington Church, Calgary, AB
- While living and volunteering overseas I felt like I always had support. Whenever I needed to chat with Matt about issues that came up, he always made sure we connected as soon as possible. I felt that I was definitely a priority to them while I was away.Kaitlyn Heming, Global Volunteer to India
- The STM network training revealed many of our short comings in team prep for the field, as well as what we've been doing right. It's been a valuable resource for our next missions trip. Mark has a great way of not just helping people "do" missions better....he helps them "understand" missions more fully too! I would definitely recommend this program to other leaders!Tania Thorne, STM Team Leader - Medicine Hat, AB
- I don't think I will ever be able to express just how much I appreciate you, Irislee and Matt. Whether it be pre-trip Skype calls, in country check-ins where I rambled and rambled but you were there to listen and support and love. I really believe that my 6 months in Tanzania would have been drastically different without your support and encouragement. I guess I just want to say thank you. Thank you for doing what you do, I have experienced first hand the marvelous impact you have on volunteers and their experiences overseas. I will forever be thankful for you!Emily Arseneau, Global Volunteer, Village of Hope - Mwanza, Tanzania
- Thanks again for the great Skype debrief meeting. Always so insightful to hear from others' experiences and the 'professionals'. I wanted to give each of you a HUMONGOUS thank you! I so, so appreciate all of your time, energy, answers to many questions, extra effort, patience, and more patience that you gave to make this possible. Our training really taught me a lot and I'm so grateful for all of you and everything you do. You guys are amazing...God bless you!Breanne Pierce, Global Volunteer to El Salvador and Honduras
- Because I was already living in Thailand for two years before starting the global volunteer training program, I was curious to see if it would still be helpful to me, or more like just "going through the motions." It turns out it was an invaluable process, forcing me to articulate thoughts, feelings and reactions to my experiences, and also to identify areas I can still improve on...and it was a lot of fun!Jessica Pellowe, Global Volunteer to Thailand
- My greatest concern about hiring the STM Network was regarding the practical side of leading STM teams. Theory is important but would they address and understand the practical side of things? As leaders we all have different strengths and needs and the STM Network has set up this course to address us as individual leaders. They found out and understood who I really am, and then equipped and encouraged my leadership growth. I highly recommend the STM Network to be part of any STM team preparation.Mike Kozak, Vice President of Carrington Lighting - Calgary, AB