Want to go?
APPLY TO BE A GLOBAL VOLUNTEER
Looking for adventure and ready to make a difference? If you have 2-24 months available, our Global Volunteer program is designed with you in mind. Incredible world-wide destinations, working with amazing hosts.
This is NOT one size fits all, our process will fit you.
Leading a team?
GET CERTIFIED WITH OUR BEST PREP KIT
Experienced team leaders are always looking for ways to improve. We coach new and veteran leaders, to prepare their teams for effective mission.
Interactive, engaging and practical, we provide team leaders with the tools to develop great teams.
- The Best Prep Kit is an amazing training program that will help you grow in your ability to lead a team on a mission trip. You will grow in knowledge, confidence, and ability as you learn from a pile of resources and personal experiences that the STM Network has. If you are serious about maximizing the influence that a mission trip can have on your team - as well as on you - then the Best Prep Kit is something you need to invest in today!Pastor Matthew Erickson, New Life Assembly, Killarney MB
- At the start I wondered about the time commitment and if it would be relevant to me as a leader. Having led three teams now I found out that the Best Prep Kit is only the tip of the iceberg. Mark's insight and knowledge of short-term mission teams makes training easy to understand. Everything was planned well, including time to develop a relationship with Mark throughout the instruction. The coaching stretched and helped me grow as a leader, enhanced my worldview and prepared me for on-field issues. I am glad that we invested our time with the STM Network, and the luggage tags are cool!Neil Burritt, STM Team Leader, Promontory Church - Chilliwack, BC
- Initially I was hesitant hiring the services of STM Network to help me plan my international missions trip. At the time, I was already working for 5 years as a full time youth worker and felt pressure that I was supposed to know how to lead a team of teenagers on a missions trip. Using the Best Prep Kit was a LIFESAVER! It not only shaved off dozens of hours off of prep work, but I felt my team was more prepared and ready to rock than when I created the materials myself. I especially enjoyed the fact that it just wasn’t more paper curriculum, but instead Mark and I Skyped every week which helped me feel support and better understand the material. I’d recommend this to any church leader who is planning on taking a team to an international missions destination!Ken McIntyre, Youth Pastor at Beddington Church, Calgary, AB
- The STM Network really helps in your missions preparations by making you think of things that wouldn't even occur to you. This enables you to look at situations in different ways and from different points of views.Kristen Chan, Global Volunteer to Myanmar
- This training made my trip for me. Learning and being challenged to open up my world view has changed me forever, for the better. I'd love to just go through it every year with or without an upcoming trip!Natalie Latham, Global Volunteer to Uganda
- Because I was already living in Thailand for two years before starting the global volunteer training program, I was curious to see if it would still be helpful to me, or more like just "going through the motions." It turns out it was an invaluable process, forcing me to articulate thoughts, feelings and reactions to my experiences, and also to identify areas I can still improve on...and it was a lot of fun!Jessica Pellowe, Global Volunteer to Thailand
- Huge thanks to Mark and the STM team for preparing us to be the best team our hosts have ever received. I can't imagine a better way to prepare for all that waits for you and your team on the field. Mark helped us think about and prepare for so many elements of global engagement that we would have missed. From choosing a global partner, to send thank you cards to your host once you have returned...STM will lead you step by step with skill, heart and expertise.Andy Moore, Pastor of Adore - Victoria, BC
- Going to another culture is difficult, frustrating, and has plenty of opportunity for harm. STM Network helps make you conscious of your mistakes, so that you hopefully don't repeat them.Jonah Clifford, Global Volunteer to Thailand
- At first, planning an STM trip to Haiti in 2013 was a frightening task. I had such little experience, as did virtually all of my team. Our host in Haiti recommended STM Network and it was by far the best decision we made for planning and training. There were so many "missions myths" debunked for us by our trainer and the Best Prep Kit. We ended up traveling and serving and simply loving the people with much greater confidence and understanding of what being missional is all about. I highly recommend STM Network and the Best Prep Kit, and will be using this resource for every STM trip our church runs.Joseph Friedland, Associate Pastor at Evangel Pentecostal Church - Montreal, QC
- Do we really need to go through all of this training?!? I found out we really do, thanks very much!Giangrosso Family - Global Volunteers to El Salvador