Want to go?
APPLY TO BE A GLOBAL VOLUNTEER
Looking for adventure and ready to make a difference? If you have 2-24 months available, our Global Volunteer program is designed with you in mind. Incredible world-wide destinations, working with amazing hosts.
This is NOT one size fits all, our process will fit you.
Leading a team?
GET CERTIFIED WITH OUR BEST PREP KIT
Experienced team leaders are always looking for ways to improve. We coach new and veteran leaders, to prepare their teams for effective mission.
Interactive, engaging and practical, we provide team leaders with the tools to develop great teams.
- Being introduced to the STM Network with Mark Crocker as my trainer, has taken my confidence to a new level as I seek to serve as a team leader to Haiti Arise. My time spent with him in training has opened my mind to a greater understanding of foreign fields, team leading and development, communication, strategies, and so much more. Mark is quick to listen, patient in teaching you where you are at, and is a wealth of information. You are truly a great teacher Mark and your heart is certainly very apparent in what you do. Thank you for the privilege of working with you.....and for your patience in dealing with my many questions!!Karen Donnan, Ontario Team Leader for Haiti Arise
- The Best Prep Kit is an amazing training program that will help you grow in your ability to lead a team on a mission trip. You will grow in knowledge, confidence, and ability as you learn from a pile of resources and personal experiences that the STM Network has. If you are serious about maximizing the influence that a mission trip can have on your team - as well as on you - then the Best Prep Kit is something you need to invest in today!Pastor Matthew Erickson, New Life Assembly, Killarney MB
- I don't think I will ever be able to express just how much I appreciate you, Irislee and Matt. Whether it be pre-trip Skype calls, in country check-ins where I rambled and rambled but you were there to listen and support and love. I really believe that my 6 months in Tanzania would have been drastically different without your support and encouragement. I guess I just want to say thank you. Thank you for doing what you do, I have experienced first hand the marvelous impact you have on volunteers and their experiences overseas. I will forever be thankful for you!Emily Arseneau, Global Volunteer, Village of Hope - Mwanza, Tanzania
- Just wanted to thank you for training and sending us amazing volunteers to India. Ben has only been here for a few days but already is fitting in and has a burden for the kids at the Children's Home! Erin is such a blessing to the ladies at Jewels in a Crown and to our family. She has such a great attitude and she is such a delight to be around! Keep sending us your best!Stew & Monique, Global Workers in Kolkata, India
- Culture shock training for the field? Great...but what about cultural shock upon return? I have been prepared and supported way beyond expectations from the beginning to the end... and more! Never have I met such good mentors and mediators as Irislee and Matt. Thanks to the STM Network and to the Penney family for all their support and understanding.Louyse Mongeon, Global Volunteer to Senegal
- Thanks for always doing your best to give us a volunteer who is ready and prepared! We appreciate you guys so much, and the on going support you offer to us as a host.Brenda Kean - Mission Host in Kenya
- I have struggled with a lack of self-confidence in teaching/leading. I have always thought that I didn’t know enough to be able to lead and loved to serve instead. I seemed to have always fumbled with words. You have showed me step by step instructions on how to start strong and end well. By working together and going through each section piece by piece, I gained confidence. I liked the one-on-one, face-to-face, sessions with you. You really challenged me to keep going and keep learning till it wasn’t so overwhelming. Thank you, Mark, for taking the time to work with me. It is truly amazing how the effects of this really are.Nadine Colwell, Mission Leader at Family Worship Centre - Whitecourt, AB
- Going to another culture is difficult, frustrating, and has plenty of opportunity for harm. STM Network helps make you conscious of your mistakes, so that you hopefully don't repeat them.Jonah Clifford, Global Volunteer to Thailand
- Initially I was hesitant hiring the services of STM Network to help me plan my international missions trip. At the time, I was already working for 5 years as a full time youth worker and felt pressure that I was supposed to know how to lead a team of teenagers on a missions trip. Using the Best Prep Kit was a LIFESAVER! It not only shaved off dozens of hours off of prep work, but I felt my team was more prepared and ready to rock than when I created the materials myself. I especially enjoyed the fact that it just wasn’t more paper curriculum, but instead Mark and I Skyped every week which helped me feel support and better understand the material. I’d recommend this to any church leader who is planning on taking a team to an international missions destination!Ken McIntyre, Youth Pastor at Beddington Church, Calgary, AB
- Matt is hilarious and incredibly knowledgeable about missions work, and our training sessions always went for much longer than planned. His support while in the field was also awesome, talking me through the highs and the lows of the global volunteer experience.Meaghan McNeil, Global Volunteer to Thailand