Want to go?
APPLY TO BE A GLOBAL VOLUNTEER
Looking for adventure and ready to make a difference? If you have 2-24 months available, our Global Volunteer program is designed with you in mind. Incredible world-wide destinations, working with amazing hosts.
This is NOT one size fits all, our process will fit you.
Leading a team?
GET CERTIFIED WITH OUR BEST PREP KIT
Experienced team leaders are always looking for ways to improve. We coach new and veteran leaders, to prepare their teams for effective mission.
Interactive, engaging and practical, we provide team leaders with the tools to develop great teams.
- The truth of the matter is, if it wasn't for Matt who helped me talk through a lot of the issues I was experiencing, I don't think I would've made it...not with my sanity at least.Kelvin Chan, Global Volunteer to Thailand
- This training made my trip for me. Learning and being challenged to open up my world view has changed me forever, for the better. I'd love to just go through it every year with or without an upcoming trip!Natalie Latham, Global Volunteer to Uganda
- I really enjoyed having Matt as my backup. He was easy to talk to and very supportive during the entire process of the trip. Previously I have been on trips with a different organization and have noticed huge difference with STM Network and how organized and helpful they are, even upon return. The family I was placed with was the perfect fit for me and the people I interacted with through STM Network were amazing & quick to respond. I will definitely be doing more missions through STMN!Rachel Lederman, Global Volunteer to Guatemala
- The STM Network really helps in your missions preparations by making you think of things that wouldn't even occur to you. This enables you to look at situations in different ways and from different points of views.Kristen Chan, Global Volunteer to Myanmar
- My greatest concern about hiring the STM Network was regarding the practical side of leading STM teams. Theory is important but would they address and understand the practical side of things? As leaders we all have different strengths and needs and the STM Network has set up this course to address us as individual leaders. They found out and understood who I really am, and then equipped and encouraged my leadership growth. I highly recommend the STM Network to be part of any STM team preparation.Mike Kozak, Vice President of Carrington Lighting - Calgary, AB
- I had a GREAT experience with the STM Network's mission volunteer process! I thought the support was fantastic and felt that it was very beneficial, and have and will continue to tell people about it, and encourage them to go the STM Network route. Matt was a great facilitator and made this process easy.Jessica Randell, Global Volunteer to Senegal
- Huge thanks to Mark and the STM team for preparing us to be the best team our hosts have ever received. I can't imagine a better way to prepare for all that waits for you and your team on the field. Mark helped us think about and prepare for so many elements of global engagement that we would have missed. From choosing a global partner, to send thank you cards to your host once you have returned...STM will lead you step by step with skill, heart and expertise.Andy Moore, Pastor of Adore - Victoria, BC
- At first, planning an STM trip to Haiti in 2013 was a frightening task. I had such little experience, as did virtually all of my team. Our host in Haiti recommended STM Network and it was by far the best decision we made for planning and training. There were so many "missions myths" debunked for us by our trainer and the Best Prep Kit. We ended up traveling and serving and simply loving the people with much greater confidence and understanding of what being missional is all about. I highly recommend STM Network and the Best Prep Kit, and will be using this resource for every STM trip our church runs.Joseph Friedland, Associate Pastor at Evangel Pentecostal Church - Montreal, QC
- Initially I was hesitant hiring the services of STM Network to help me plan my international missions trip. At the time, I was already working for 5 years as a full time youth worker and felt pressure that I was supposed to know how to lead a team of teenagers on a missions trip. Using the Best Prep Kit was a LIFESAVER! It not only shaved off dozens of hours off of prep work, but I felt my team was more prepared and ready to rock than when I created the materials myself. I especially enjoyed the fact that it just wasn’t more paper curriculum, but instead Mark and I Skyped every week which helped me feel support and better understand the material. I’d recommend this to any church leader who is planning on taking a team to an international missions destination!Ken McIntyre, Youth Pastor at Beddington Church, Calgary, AB
- Culture shock training for the field? Great...but what about cultural shock upon return? I have been prepared and supported way beyond expectations from the beginning to the end... and more! Never have I met such good mentors and mediators as Irislee and Matt. Thanks to the STM Network and to the Penney family for all their support and understanding.Louyse Mongeon, Global Volunteer to Senegal