Want to go?
APPLY TO BE A GLOBAL VOLUNTEER
Looking for adventure and ready to make a difference? If you have 2-24 months available, our Global Volunteer program is designed with you in mind. Incredible world-wide destinations, working with amazing hosts.
This is NOT one size fits all, our process will fit you.
Leading a team?
GET CERTIFIED WITH OUR BEST PREP KIT
Experienced team leaders are always looking for ways to improve. We coach new and veteran leaders, to prepare their teams for effective mission.
Interactive, engaging and practical, we provide team leaders with the tools to develop great teams.
- I had a very experienced guide walking me through an otherwise foreign journey! If anyone were to travel into an unknown country where the road signs look different, the language sounds strange, and there are few landmarks that you can recognize on your own, they would immediately look for someone who has had experience in that country to help guide them to where they need to go. That is the same result that I experienced in my time with Mark. An experienced guide took me through unfamiliar territory. It was nothing prepackaged or generic – Mark took the material, which he had written, and formed it around our specific context. The practical help, guidance, and money saving advice that was provided through the Best Prep Kit and my sessions with Mark makes it well worth the investment!Corey Parish, Associate Pastor - New Sudbury, ON
- The truth of the matter is, if it wasn't for Matt who helped me talk through a lot of the issues I was experiencing, I don't think I would've made it...not with my sanity at least.Kelvin Chan, Global Volunteer to Thailand
- The STM network training revealed many of our short comings in team prep for the field, as well as what we've been doing right. It's been a valuable resource for our next missions trip. Mark has a great way of not just helping people "do" missions better....he helps them "understand" missions more fully too! I would definitely recommend this program to other leaders!Tania Thorne, STM Team Leader - Medicine Hat, AB
- Initially I was hesitant hiring the services of STM Network to help me plan my international missions trip. At the time, I was already working for 5 years as a full time youth worker and felt pressure that I was supposed to know how to lead a team of teenagers on a missions trip. Using the Best Prep Kit was a LIFESAVER! It not only shaved off dozens of hours off of prep work, but I felt my team was more prepared and ready to rock than when I created the materials myself. I especially enjoyed the fact that it just wasn’t more paper curriculum, but instead Mark and I Skyped every week which helped me feel support and better understand the material. I’d recommend this to any church leader who is planning on taking a team to an international missions destination!Ken McIntyre, Youth Pastor at Beddington Church, Calgary, AB
- At first, planning an STM trip to Haiti in 2013 was a frightening task. I had such little experience, as did virtually all of my team. Our host in Haiti recommended STM Network and it was by far the best decision we made for planning and training. There were so many "missions myths" debunked for us by our trainer and the Best Prep Kit. We ended up traveling and serving and simply loving the people with much greater confidence and understanding of what being missional is all about. I highly recommend STM Network and the Best Prep Kit, and will be using this resource for every STM trip our church runs.Joseph Friedland, Associate Pastor at Evangel Pentecostal Church - Montreal, QC
- Just wanted to thank you for training and sending us amazing volunteers to India. Ben has only been here for a few days but already is fitting in and has a burden for the kids at the Children's Home! Erin is such a blessing to the ladies at Jewels in a Crown and to our family. She has such a great attitude and she is such a delight to be around! Keep sending us your best!Stew & Monique, Global Workers in Kolkata, India
- The Best Prep Kit is an amazing training program that will help you grow in your ability to lead a team on a mission trip. You will grow in knowledge, confidence, and ability as you learn from a pile of resources and personal experiences that the STM Network has. If you are serious about maximizing the influence that a mission trip can have on your team - as well as on you - then the Best Prep Kit is something you need to invest in today!Pastor Matthew Erickson, New Life Assembly, Killarney MB
- Thank you for training our team heading to work with the orphans of Zimbabwe. What a blessing you were to our team members both in a practical and inspirational way.Barry Murie - STM Team Leader for Mission Zimbabwe
- Being introduced to the STM Network with Mark Crocker as my trainer, has taken my confidence to a new level as I seek to serve as a team leader to Haiti Arise. My time spent with him in training has opened my mind to a greater understanding of foreign fields, team leading and development, communication, strategies, and so much more. Mark is quick to listen, patient in teaching you where you are at, and is a wealth of information. You are truly a great teacher Mark and your heart is certainly very apparent in what you do. Thank you for the privilege of working with you.....and for your patience in dealing with my many questions!!Karen Donnan, Ontario Team Leader for Haiti Arise
- I had a GREAT experience with the STM Network's mission volunteer process! I thought the support was fantastic and felt that it was very beneficial, and have and will continue to tell people about it, and encourage them to go the STM Network route. Matt was a great facilitator and made this process easy.Jessica Randell, Global Volunteer to Senegal