Incredible world-wide destinations working with amazing hosts.
Leading A Team?
Our Best Prep Kit saves you time and money.
Subscribe to our mailing list
- The STM network training revealed many of our short comings in team prep for the field, as well as what we've been doing right. It's been a valuable resource for our next missions trip. Mark has a great way of not just helping people "do" missions better....he helps them "understand" missions more fully too! I would definitely recommend this program to other leaders!Tania Thorne, STM team leader. Medicine Hat, AB
- Culture shock training for the field? Great...but what about cultural shock upon return? I have been prepared and supported way beyond expectations from the beginning to the end... and more! Never have I met such good mentors and mediators as Irislee and Matt. Thanks to the STM Network and to the Penney family for all their support and understanding.Louyse Mongeon - Mission Volunteer to Senegal
- I had a very experienced guide walking me through an otherwise foreign journey! If anyone were to travel into an unknown country where the road signs look different, the language sounds strange, and there are few landmarks that you can recognize on your own, they would immediately look for someone who has had experience in that country to help guide them to where they need to go. That is the same result that I experienced in my time with Mark. An experienced guide took me through unfamiliar territory. It was nothing prepackaged or generic – Mark took the material, which he had written, and formed it around our specific context. The practical help, guidance, and money saving advice that was provided through the BPK and my sessions with Mark makes it well worth the investment!Corey Parish - Associate Pastor in New Sudbury, Ontario
- The STM Network is a uniquely Canadian resource for all things short term missions. Any Canadian church that is serious about intentional and functional cross cultural ministry should consult with the STM Network.Ian Stokes, International Mobilization Manager for Samaritan's Purse Canada
- Because I was already living in Thailand for two years before starting the mission volunteer training program, I was curious to see if it would still be helpful to me, or more like just "going through the motions." It turns out it was an invaluable process, forcing me to articulate thoughts, feelings and reactions to my experiences, and also to identify areas I can still improve on...and it was a lot of fun!Jessica Pellowe - Mission Volunteer to Thailand
- The training I've gotten for my upcoming year overseas has been very thought provoking and enlightening. I feel better equipped to handle the adventure awaiting me. Thank you STM Network!Tracey Wood - Mission Volunteer to Malawi
After a summer at home in Ontario to rest and raise funds for his return,...October 20, 2014
stopover.ca I work with a lot of people who work incredibly long hours, in remote...October 15, 2014
Emily’s Stories from Ghana I was going to make my next blog a picture blog...October 11, 2014
stopover.ca I was in the middle of a boring class and unfortunately I was the...October 8, 2014